精靈雙豬嘜幾大呢 ???

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Come back slowly


It's been a long time that I have not written any blog. Recently, my sister told me there were 2 blogs that were written by 2 Bay area moms. After reading those blogs, I feel I need to write my blog again to record the growing process of my twins even if I'm v. busy. IF I don't record them, I would not remember the detail of their growing path & lose a tool to
Time flies. They both are 3.5 years old now. By end of June, they'll be 4 years old. There were many big changes since the last time I wrote the blog. Not only twins get bigger, but I also get older of course. Now I take care of them & work 4 days a week with just 1 job. Not like before, I worked 3 jobs at the same time. No more live in nanny. Our family gets our privacy back, but a lot more work for me to do.
Get twins up around 7am, Dad will take them to preschool, I will do preparation work for my job, leave home @9am for work.... So busy that I often eat my breakfast while I'm driving to patients' homes. Back home by 3pm, start doing paperwork & prep work for kids' dinner. By 6pm, twins will be with me again for dinner, bathing & sleep time ~8:30pm. Dad will be back by 8pm. Usually by 9pm, I can finally eat my late dinner & be relaxed. Day after day. Wednesday is my only day off...the only day of each week that I can do housechore & make decent meals for family.
Being a mom is very busy. I'm so admired of others that have parents & in laws to offer help. Many times I would love to be back to Vancouver where I have friends, family & relatives, especially during holiday.
Now twins both are potty trained for daytime & attending full time preschool class for 3 years old. Karissa finally was able to join in Kody's class since beginning of January d/t her behaviour issue & refused to be potty trained. Now they only need diaper at night, it sure saves me a lot of $ & trip to Costco.
I notice twins understand more about x'mas. At least, they kept on asking me to drive them to see more x'mas light display. They would say there is 'rainbow 燈燈"---multi colors light, christmas tree, reindeer, santa claus, snowman. They sure know a lot more vocabulary since they turn 3 & with help from speech therapy. But I wonder if they were born premature or what. They look & act kind of like a 2 y.o. kid instead of a 3.5 years old. Anyway,  Kody 仔仔 would prefer to speak more English. Karissa 囡囡 would speak English to Kody 仔仔 & Cantonese to me.  It's better than baby talk. But they do act silly & say baby word.
2 weeks ago, we went to San Francisco. Twins saw those tiny single garage & remembered the size of the garage door was the same as the kind a friend we visited a week earlier has....so they suddenly kept saying Arthur (our firend's name)....but not saying Arthur 叔叔...they said silly words Arthur so so.....Soon they will be much bigger that I would miss this type of baby talk.

No comments: